Connect with us

Football

Onduparaka FC management shades light on fans Questions about Players Exodus, Shares and sponsorship.

Published

on

Onduparaka Football Club introduced a social media platform for Question and Answer regarding to the Club runnings and the  management to take three of the most asked questions to relay of their answers.

They are doing this to improve on the communication between the Club and the fans. 

Today the Club shaded some light on fans question of massive players exodus, fans buying shares in the club and sponsorship deal. 

On players exodus. 

“Most of players leaving have served  their time at the club and intend to grow in their career, we wish them well. We have signed a few of players and we are continuing to sign more. We shall be unveiling our new signings and the complete squad for new season. When we are ready to and we promise, the wait will be worth it.” Club media answered.

On any sponsorship deal for the Club. 

“We are currently in talks with a few sponsors and we shall announce when the processes are finalised. We are also getting a lot of individual good will which we believe will boost our financial base.” 

On Club selling shares to the public. 

“Onduparaka  FC is a legally registered entity whose ownership is well defined between it’s two proprietors. The decision to sell shares is not currently being considered.  However the club is currently assembling its new board of directors whose role will be to weigh on various options and advise on the best future for the club. If selling shares looks viable for the club, they will also advise.” 

Onduparaka FC joined Topflight league four years ago and are preparing for their fifth season in Uganda Premier League. 

Firstly they started with naming Viallia Bainomugisha as their new Head Coach and Wamboya Mubarak Abu, Ibrahim Kongo as Assistant Coach and goalkeeping Coach respectively. 

The Arua based club has lost a number players because the club has been strained with finances in the previous two seasons since the departure of online gaming company Betway who used to pump in a lot of  cash in their first two seasons in topflight and since they managed to lure a short partnership with Telcom Company MTN worth 300M ugx which did expire. 

Last week the Football governing body FUFA published Uganda Premier League Club owners and their stake in their respective clubs, Onduparaka Football Club is owned by Benjamin Nyakuni as majority share holder with 60% and brother Joel Erema with remaining 40%.

Most Popular